Learning about my families struggle with the effects of cancer on the ones we love has shown me just how much you should love life to the fullest and never take anything for granted. Having my grandfather pass away from Hodgkins Lymphoma and my aunt be a survivor of cervical cancer, it was not a hard decision for me to volunteer at the Relay for Life. The Relay for Life is an amazing organization that raises money to help cure cancer. I’m aware that a lot of people simply assume that staying up all night and walking for something like cancer that at the moment, is not curable, does nothing, but I’m glad to say that they are wrong. This year, the Relay for Life made over 140,000 dollars for cancer research! I am so proud of our community and all over my friends and family for helping with such an amazing cause. While volunteering, I was able to chat with some of the participants, help with some of the activities and have a blast with some of the kids! Not only did I learn how to master the art of pancake making, but I also became even more aware of how much of an impact cancer has had on some of these people’s lives. I am incredibly blessed to have an opportunity like this and I can’t wait to attend more events and help my community that much more!
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.